1.Adding and Setting up a New Email Account
Now that you have your email address information ready, you will need to add and set it up on your smartphone or tablet.
Usually, Android devices use the Gmail app as the default service for emails, so we will be using Gmail to show you how to set up your email. However, you can choose whichever email Android app that you feel comfortable with. Now, follow the instructions below:
1. In the top right corner of your Gmail app, click on your account. There will be a new prompt. Choose the Add another account option. On the next page, choose Other.
2. Once you’ve entered your email, don’t hit the Next button just yet. Instead, select Manual Setup.
3. Now, you will have to choose which protocol you want to use to get your mail – POP3, IMAP, or Exchange. To have better synchronization from multiple devices, it’s better to choose the IMAP option.
5. Now it’s time to configure your Incoming server settings. You must specify your IMAP Server. This information will also be on the Email Accounts page of your hPanel.
Sometimes, when you are using another hosting provider or connecting your account to a different email client, you may be asked to enter a ports number. In that case, here’s what you should use when using Hostinger services.
- POP3 Port (Secured) — 995
- IMAP Port (Secured) — 993
- SMTP Port (Secured) — 587
However, you should be able to look for the drop-down menu -> Security type and select SSL/TLS.
6. On the Outgoing Server Settings, enter your SMTP Server. Then click Next.
7. Now you can setup your Sync frequency: and check any additional settings you would like to use. Then tap Next.
8. Lastly, type in your Account name (optional) and Your name – or any name that you would like to use – so you can filter out messages from your personal account.
Congratulations, you have successfully added a custom domain email on your Android device!
In this tutorial, we learned how to setup an email on an Android device, and as you can see, these steps are pretty easy to follow.
If you have any questions or tips, leave them in the comment section below!